Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The world through Nano-Eyes

The ever salient Christine from Foresight's Nanodot has interesting things to say about discovery and understanding which highlight a thought haunting me for a while.

I think one of the biggest revolutions nanotechnology has brought into existence is the subsidiary product of a different way to see the world. No longer just the bulk materialism of old. Anyone involved long enough with nanotechnology begins to see the world as its ensemble of minuscule, invisible parts.

When I look at a cup of water now I see a ten-to-the-twentieth molecules H2O machine with some additional minerals and gases suspended in it. Whether the silicon dioxide gravity restraint system is half-full or half-empty I'll leave up to you.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home