Thursday, January 03, 2008

No nano in 2007 nano

MIT's Technology Review has a look back on 2007's nanotech development. Is it just me or do most of these items just barely deserve the label "nano" There's no mention of the Uk's "Programmable Matter" project which is the world's only openly government supported attempt at molecular nanotechnology fabrication. Nor any of the hundred of incremental progress steps being taken across the US documented in journals like ACS Nano Letters or IOP nanotechnology electronic journal.

Link

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't find any references to the UK programmable matter project. Can you post one?

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Guy said...

Try this out Seth,
http://ideasfactory.wordpress.com/
sorry I lost my more recent info on these folks. If I have time I'll run down additional info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home