Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Glassman anthology installation #7: DawnGazer on the slope.

I can feel the sun warming my fronds and tendrils. The slope is coming alive around me as an eye opens. A few seconds of bewilderment as a sensory stream aligns with categorizers. A few seconds later 3 more eyes pop open as my mics pick up the first chirping of slope quail and the mournful hoot of doves.

"Time to get up" one my minds thinks as another gazes restlessly at a column of ghosts-in-memory. A few  hundred tiny processes scatter as I put my foot down from the hammock. A gentle breeze sways and pulls a few dozen of my threads up into the slowly warming air.

The body moves easily in the cool shade of morning. Fibrils and tendrils wrap this frail form supplying much of the locomotion but I'm still proud of the pulse that pushes fluid. No need to replace that yet my scanners tell me.

A sparkle of gigs swarm through my neighborhood, bipping and booping into some of the processes I shed earlier. I love how the sand, twigs and pebbles of my vicinity have been arranged to tile Escher and McGregor. So funny what just a few hundred pounds of process can do overnight with a full days solar siesta.

I think it'll be a good day for flight, thermals are pulling up fast and I've got that extra little spring in my step already. Good ol' adrenal glands once more into the breach.

A flashing red diamond sparkles and screams hanging from the branch of a scraggly oak. Dang! storm warnings later. Checking the radar, a mind fragment says I've got hours yet so I send a jolt up the thread lines, energizing my entire bloom. Minutes later my feet leave the ground.

(Zeep-zeep-zeep-zeep) the call coming in slows my ascent as I check its mood and origin. {IRL://Thunderstump_wanderlamp} Ok, I'll read it: Goingup?Stormwarn?Backdownearly?Short-hop?StayAlert.

Each thought glyph highlights a nicely colored graph expanse of possibilities. Always interesting to see what a complex_transform will make of casual actions. Two of me split off and reshape the vector to more closely match my intention. A spiraling affirmation of delight is returned when they are done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home